- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone with the GT-N7100t model number. You can always check out the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers  on your computer before you start with the guide. Those drivers will help the Odin flashing tool pick up your device so it is detected and ready to flash.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Some of you Note 2 owners might need to unlock the Developer Options menu if it is hidden on your device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number at least seven times. It should say you are using the device as a developer now. Repeat the step above if you have just unlocked the Developer Options.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 GT-N7100T RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.2
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for the N7100T from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Extract the files on the desktop of the computer by right-clicking on the files > choosing the “extract here” from the menu.
- Double-click the Odin executable file so it’s open on the desktop and waiting for your device to connect.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the computer with the USB cable after you put it in download mode.
- Click the PDA or the AP button from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the rooting file ending in tar.md5.
- Do not make any changes to the default settings.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will now flash the rooting script on your device, eventually installing and enabling the SuperSU on your device.
- Look at the Odin app for the pass message and then direct your attention to the smartphone display where it will say that it is about to reboot in 10 seconds.
Every Samsung Galaxy Note 2 should reboot in recovery mode now. If that does not happen with yours, you need to make it happen by using the hardware button combination during the first time boot. If you do not get in recovery mode during the first time boot after flashing the file, it will not root your device.
Now you can reboot in normal mode and you should find the SuperSU application is available from your app drawers.