One feature that everyone ignores with regards to custom recovery images is the restore feature. We hear all too often about the TWRP Recoveries ability to take complete backups with the NANDroid backup feature, but something we fail to mention is how easy it is to restore that backup. And it’s a feature that anyone without experience will greatly appreciate once they know how to use it on the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime smartphone. To restore your data that you backed up with the ‘Backup’ tab, just tap over the ‘Restore’ tab and will let you swipe to restore.
These are the steps to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 3G SM-G360H.
- You can use the TWRP Recovery image file in this guide on the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 3G with the model number SM-G360H. You can find out your Core Prime’s model number by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
- You do not need to root the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime smartphone before you start this guide. With that being said, there is another method that is the DD Install method which allows you to install TWRP on the Galaxy Core Prime. That same DD Install method does require root access. We are not running through to how use that method in this post.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the universal ADB Driver on your computer running Windows operating systems before you start the guide. The universal ADb driver will mean the adb commands you use during the guide will work for your device. If your driver is out of date or not working, the commands will not work.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY CORE PRIME 3G SM-G360H
- Download the TWRP package for the Core prime smartphone from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool on your Windows PC from this link.
- Extract the files on the desktop by right-clicking on them and then choosing the “extract here” from the menu.
- Double-click the Odin executable file that is on the desktop.
- Turn ff the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime and reboot it in download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA or AP button that is available from the Odin flashing tool’s user-interface and browse the desktop for the TWRP image.
- Make sure you uncheck the box that says Auto Reboot and leave the rest of the default settings the same.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will install the custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime smartphone.
- Wait until the Odin flashing tool gives you the pass message and then reboot your device manually to recovery mode.
Use the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons to boot the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime to recovery mode. Once it is in the TWRP it will wipe over the stock recovery and continually give you the TWRP every time you boot to recovery. That only changes when you choose to flash the stock recovery on your Galaxy Core Prime smartphone.