TWRP Recovery is the first custom recovery to bring a touch-based user interface to the recovery world. Stock recoveries use the Volume keys to navigate through the menu just like the now defunct ClockworkMod did. Most people prefer TWRP and how it utilizes the buttons on the display of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos and that’s largely what propelled it to be the most popular custom recovery in the world.
These are the guidelines to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos smartphones.
- You should install this version of TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone only. Install it on anything but the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos will mean the device will probably get bricked.
- You do not need the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos rooted to follow this guide; the Odin flashing tool will flash you custom recovery with a locked bootloader and without any root access to the internal system. Furthermore, it works if you do have root access too! The DD Installer method does require root access, but we are not running through how to use the DD Installer method during this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone and install them on the computer before you start the guide. Having the up to date USB Drivers ensures a smooth experience between your device and the Odin flashing tool. Without the Samsung drivers up to date on your Windows computer, you might not get the guide to work for your device.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS
- Download the TWRP package for the Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Drag the files over to the desktop and then right-click > extract here.
- Run the Odin flashing tool by double-clicking the mouse over the Odin .exe file that is now on your desktop after you extracted the original zip file.
- Long-press the Power button or choose the option to switch off from the Device Options menu on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone and wait until the device is off completely.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos in download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to the computer with the USB cable you would normally use for charging the device.
- Click the PDA or the AP button you have available from the user-interface of the Odin flashing tool that should still be open on your desktop.
- Browse the desktop location for the TWRP tar file and wait until the file extension is visible from the Odin user-interface.
- Take off the Auto Reboot option that is available from the Odin user-interface so it does not reboot by itself.
- Leave all other default settings from the Odin flashing tool the same way.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will flash the TWRP file on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone.
Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone and reboot it right away to recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously during the booting process. Now it should boot to the TWRP mode if it worked. Now that the TWRP has booted, it will forever be available until you choose to flash the stock recovery some time in the future.