The Team Win Recovery Project’s TWRP Recovery is a opensource custom recovery image that is free for everyone to install on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition smartphone. While some people are gravitating toward just having root access and a stock recovery installed, others are still wanting a custom recovery so they can install new ROMs, custom kernels and take complete backup using the NANDroid Backup feature.
These are the guidelines to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE smartphones.
- The TWRP Recovery image file found in this guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition (VE) only. Flashing this TWRP file on any other variant of the Galaxy Grand Prime will probably brick the device.
- You do not need to have the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition smartphone rooted  before following this guide to install a custom recovery on the device using the Odin flashing tool. Conversely, anyone wanting to install TWRP using the DD Installer method will need root access. We are not showing you how to use the DD Installer method during this guide, but it is available out there for anyone interested.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition smartphone directly on the computer you are using during the guide. The Windows computer will require drivers running so your smartphone and the Odin flashing tool can run. Sometimes the drivers need updating for that to happen. By installing the Samsung drivers manually, you are ensuring your drivers are up to date and one of the most common problems with a how-to guide involving the Odin flashing tool and a Windows computer will be eliminated.
HOW TO FLASH TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME VALUE EDITION
- Download the TWRP package for the Galaxy Grand Prime VE from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Extract the files on the desktop of your computer by right-clicking > selecting ‘extract here’ from the menu.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition in download mode .
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait a few seconds for the drivers to start working.
- Click the PDA or the AP button that is available from the Odin app on the computer and browse the desktop for the TWRP tar file.
- Turn off the Auto Reboot button that is available on the Odin user-interface.
- Do not make any other changes to the Odin flashing tool’s default settings.
- Click the Start button when you are ready for the flashing process to begin on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition smartphone.
- Since you took off the option for an auto reboot, wait until you see the pass message from the Odin user-interface and then reboot your device to recovery mode yourself.
Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE and quickly hold the Power + Home + Volume Up buttons during the booting process and it will boot the device in the TWRP recovery mode.