- You should use this guide on the Samsung Galaxy A7 with the SM-A710F model number. The same file works with a few other models in the A7 range, but it will not work with all models.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- The TWRP Recovery you are using in this guide is not an official build put together by the real folks from Team Win. It is made by a developer over at XDA Developers who is a senior member of the site. When builds are not made by the official teams, we call these unofficial builds. These unofficial builds can be just as reliable. With that being said, you should source the A7’s stock ROM from the Sam Mobile website just in case you need to go back to the stock ROM and recovery. Flashing that same stock ROM should solve all of your soft-brick problems.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the Sammy A7 smartphone and install them on your computer before you start with the steps. Ensuring the drivers are up to date is the best way to make sure the Odin flashing tool detects your device when you connect it to the computer.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY A7 SM-A710F
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A710F from this link.
- Extract the files to the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click the Odin flashing tool and wait for the Odin app to open on the desktop.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone to download mode and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for a few seconds for the USB Drivers to start working and check the Odin user-interface for a pass message.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop location for the TWRP file.
- Make sure you uncheck the box that says Auto Reboot.
- Do not make any other changes from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button and wait for the flashing to complete.
Since you unchecked the Auto Reboot box, your Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone will not reboot automatically. That’s a good thing because we need it to boot directly to recovery mode or else the TWRP will get wiped by the stock recovery. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone and reboot it by holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons. You should find it boots to TWRP now and your stock recovery will be no longer.