These are the instructions to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD smartphones using an unofficial TWRP Recovery build from an XDA Developers senior member and the Odin flashing tool.
- You should have the Samsung Galaxy A7 with the model number SM-A710FD for this guide. The same file will work on a few of the other model numbers, but not all model number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- The TWRP Recovery found in this guide is an unofficial build put together by an XDA Developers senior member. An unofficial build means that Team Win did not put this one together and you will not find the link available from the official TWRP website. With that being said, we can see in the comments that people are using this build and they are doing it successfully.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone and install them on your computer running Windows before you start the guide.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY A7 SM-A710FD
- Download the TWRP Recovery file for the Galaxy A7 A710FD from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Extract both files on the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click on the Odin executable file and the app should open on the desktop.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone in download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy A7 handset to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait a few moments for the drivers to start working and check for the “added” message from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop for your custom recovery file that is extracted.
- Empty the Auto reboot box so that it is not on. Do not make any other changes to the default settings from the user-interface.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will now flash that custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone.
- Wait until you can see the pass message from the Odin user-interface and then switch off your smartphone.
You must reboot the A7 directly to recovery mode without it booting to normal mode first. Do that by holding the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons at the same time. When the screen goes blank, press the Volume Up button along with your other three buttons. Your Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone should now boot to the TWRP Recovery mode. You can boot it back to normal mode and the TWRP will not get wiped.