When we talk about rooting Android, we usually talk about apps. More importantly, it’s the apps you couldn’t have installed with that root access to your internal file system that so many great apps need to run.
Anyone into music who enjoys listening to music from the Lenovo Zuk Z1 smartphone might be interested in downloading the Viper4Android application  once they complete the guide below. The Viper4Android is an audio modification app that enhances your sounds with a variety of options that will make you will like one of the world’s best DJ’s and allow you to listen to your music with greater control than you have probably experience ever before. You can really perfect your songs with the Viper4Android app so you get the sounds you want from your speakers.
- The following guide to root the Lenovo Zuk Z1 smartphone works for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It will not necessarily work for other software updates, such as the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update if your device were to ever be so lucky.
- The guide teaches you how to install the APK from a computer because it’s said to be the safest way to transfer files to your device. Nevertheless, you can install the KingRoot APK directly from your web browser application on your Zuk Z1 instead. A web browser application like Google Chrome, for example.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that you should not accept official software update notifications that arrive over the air when you have access to that root file system on your Lenovo Zuk Z1 device. Instead, you should be updating manually using the official firmware file and your computer. Check out the Lenovo website or forums to find out how to update your Lenovo device manually using firmware files if you need it. Once your device is flashed with the firmware, it will be unrooted. An unrooted Lenovo device can start accepting the official over the air notifications again. The cycle will continue every time you choose to root or unroot the Zuk Z1.
- Understand that you are choosing to void the Lenovo warranty when you root the Zuk Z1 device. You can unroot the device using the same advice as the steps above and flashing the official firmware file manually. Once you have successfully unrooted the Zuk Z1, you can expect to find that warranty working again, so long as you still have some time left on that warranty.
HOW TO ROOT LENOVO ZUK Z1 RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the KingRoot APK from here  and have it on the desktop of your computer.
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from your Settings by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources.
- Connect the Lenovo Zuk Z1 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the KingRoot APK file to the root of the Zuk Z1’s internal SD card storage.
- Unplug your Zuk Z1 from the computer and the USB cable.
- Launch a File Manager on your device — either one that might come with it, or by visiting the Google Google Store and installing a File Manager app — and install your KingRoot APK file.
- Tap and open the KingRoot application from your app drawer.
- Tap on the large rooting button that is on the main app page.
- Wait for the KingRoot tool to do its thing and the progress bar to eventually reach 100%.
- Once the universal one click rooting applications gives you the success message, close the app and reboot the device.
In conclusion, that’s how to root Lenovo Zuk Z1 devices using the trusty universal one click rooting tool called KingRoot. It’s the only way known to root the device to date.