The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928C  is read to install for owners manually using a computer and the flash tool if you are not up and running on that same firmware already.
- The CF-Auto-Root package in this guide is based on the MMB29K.G928CXXU2BPB8 firmware which is part of the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for some regions. You don’t need to flash that firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus before you start the guide. You should, however, be using that information as an indicator. Some Samsung smartphones like potentially the Samsung Galaxy S6 do not boot old images if and when that time comes.
- You must have a computer that is running Windows for an operating system to use this guide. The Odin flashing tool that comes bundles with your CF-Auto-Root exploit does not run on a Mac OS X or Linux machine.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from your Edge Plus’s Settings menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Anyone who needs to unlock the Developer Options menu because it is hidden can do that by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus device and install them on your computer before you start the guide.
- You are agreeing to void the warranty agreements you had with Samsung when you root the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus smartphone. You can unroot the device by flashing the stock ROM for your SM-G928C which can usually be found over at the Sam Mobile website. The only thing is the CF-Auto-Root tool does trip Knox and the warranty is void for anyone with a device with Knox security.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE PLUS SM-G928C RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 (MARSHMALLOW)
- Download the updated CF-Auto-Root package for the S6 Edge Plus from this link .
- Extract the package on the desktop of your computer by right-clicking > extract here on the file.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus in download mode  and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button from your Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the rooting tar.md5 file for the S6 Edge Plus.
- Do not adjust any of the default settings from the Odin flashing tool’s user-interface.
- Click the Start button when you are ready to flash.
- Wait a few minutes for Odin to give your S6 Edge Plus the pass message from the message box.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will now reboot in recovery mode where it will apply the finishing touches. Without the recovery mode booting, your device will not be rooted. You have to first time boot it to recovery mode after rooting if you don’t see it happen automatically.