These are the instructions to install a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925I smartphones. The custom recovery featured in this guide is an independent recovery named after it’s developer, Arter. You may use this custom recovery to go on to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with the SM-G925I model number to complete this guide. You can learn the model number of your S6 Edge smartphone by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Model Number. Any other model number of the S6 Edge will probably get bricked by using this guide.
- You must have a Windows computer to use this guide or else the Odin application will not run. It can be any version of Windows operating systems from XP and up apart from the Windows RT that comes with some of the Microsoft Surface tablets.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You may need to unlock the Developer Options menu so you can enable the USB Debugging Mode in the next step. You can unlock the hidden Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge by tapping on the Settings >
- Make sure you do enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone before you use this guide. You can enable the USB Debugging by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Make sure you are logged into your Windows computer as the administrator or else you will not get the Odin flashing tool to work.
HOW TO INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE SM-G925I
- Download the Arter recovery from here .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from here .
- Extract the packages to the desktop of the computer.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone and reboot it in download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy S6 Edge to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for a few seconds and check the Odin user interface for a blue or yellow light, letting you know that your S6 Edge is connected properly. A device not connected means you need to install the Samsung USB Drivers and start again.
- Click the AP button or the PDA button you get from the Odin user interface and upload your Arter recovery from the desktop.
- Click the Start button when you are ready to flash.
- The custom recovery will be flashed in a matter of seconds; look over and the device’s display and get ready to boot directly to recovery mode.
- Once you see the pass message from the Odin user-interface, turn the smartphone off by holding the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons.
- Reboot directly to recovery mode by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Up buttons.
In conclusion, that’s how to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925I smartphone. You can expect your recovery to be there every time you boot the device. We are confident in that fact because you first time booted directly to the recovery mode.
Now that you have successfully installed a custom recovery, it’s time to find out everything you need to know to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925I  smartphone using your recently installed custom recovery.
All thanks goes out to Arter97 — a senior developer from XDA developers who had reportedly worked very hard to bring you this custom recovery. It’s not often we see anyone come out with a custom recovery ahead of the some of the biggest names in the business, but that is what Arter has managed to do with his own recovery for the S6 Edge smartphone. He has beat out the likes of TWRP Recovery and CWM Recovery to help people use the recovery features, as well as get root access to the internal system.
Credits: Arter97