Rooting the Android operating system on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 device comes with plenty of upsides. Sure, there are some downsides too such as potentially voiding a warranty (sometimes permanently), creating some instability within your OS and other soft brick symptoms, and certain security threats which make your internal system less secure. But the upsides are huge with more apps and an uptick in device performance and battery life.
While the action of rooting an Android device may seem a little cheeky, the reasons for getting it done are extremely practical. There are few Galaxy Tab owners out there who wouldn’t find a boost in battery life something they would consider doing if they brushed up on their security knowledge first.
These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE devices on the Verizon Wireless network running on the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates:
- The tutorial in this post is intended for use on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE for Verizon subscribers running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. You can check the software version of your Tab 2 as well as test the model number by tapping on the Settings > About Device and taking a look. Any other software version or model number might get bricked.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You don’t have to download any drivers or anything else using the Towelroot app. However, should you choose to use one of the other methods available out there that uses the Odin app, you will need to install the drivers first. For all those times, you should download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer before you start with the guide. Once the drivers are downloaded to the computer you plan on using for the guide, open the default downloads folder and then double-click on the drivers file. Now click on the “Next” button, followed by the “Next” button again before clicking the “Finish” button to complete the job. Your computer and the flashing tool are now ready to detect your Samsung Galaxy Tab device when you connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 LTE RUNNING ANDROID 4.1.2
- Turn on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and head over to the official TowelRoot website: http://towelroot.com.
- Tap on the red Lambda symbol that is in the middle of the homepage.
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from the Settings menu on your device by tapping on the Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Install the APK just like you would any other APK file and then tap to open the Towelroot exploit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until your device is rooted with the Towelroot app.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to do to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE Verizon tablets running the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software updates by using the one click Towelroot rooting application made by GeoHot. The Towelroot method is the preferred method to root this device in its later software updates that were made available after it initially comes out of the box with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating systems.