Any advanced Android users who are rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone could download and install the SetCPU app to overclock and underclock your device. With the SetCPU app, you can either tweak your hardware’s heart to give you the better processing performance or the opposite way to give you the batter battery performance. Just be sure you know what your system can handle and what it cannot because this is a powerful app that can harm your device.
These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900M smartphones running the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates using the updated version of the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire:
- The rooting package in this guide for the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is based on the MMB29M.G900MUBU1CPC4 firmware. You can always check what firmware your Galaxy S5 is running from the About Device menu, but is isn’t necessary this time. It does not matter what firmware build ID is running on your device. Chainfire just gives us that information to use as a guide because some of the Samsung devices like the S5 will not boot old images.
- You must have a Windows PC top use this guide or else the Odin application will not run.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on your S5 G900M smartphone by tapping on the Settings menu, followed by the About Device menu and then tap where it gives you the build number at least seven times. It will tell you on the display when you are using the smartphone as a developer — that’s when you know the Developer Options menu is now unlocked and ready to enter.
- Enter the Developer Options menu now by tapping on the Settings menu, followed by the Developer Options and then check the box that is there for the USB Debugging Mode.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers  from here, so they are already running on the computer before you start with the guide.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 SM-G900M RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for the S5 G900M smartphone running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow from here .
- Extract the file on the desktop of the computer to get the rooting file and the flashing tool on the desktop. (You may extract the file by getting it to the desktop and then right-clicking on the file and choosing to “extract here” from the menu. You will now see the two files you need on the desktop).
- Double-click the Odin executable file that is on the desktop and wait for the Odin app to open.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the computer in download mode. (You can get the S5 smartphone in download mode by starting with the device off and then boot it up by holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons together. Choose to enter the download mode when it pops up on the screen).
- Click the AP button from the Odin user interface and upload the tar.md5 file extension that is on your desktop.
- Select the Start button and the tar.md5 file will be applied and soon root your operating system.
- Do not disconnect the device until you can see the green box with the pass message available from the Odin user interface.
In conclusion, that’s how to root Samsung Galaxy SM-G900M running the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. You will find that this rooting tool will work for the SM-G900M model number running any version of the Android 6.0.1 update.