These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G DoCoMo running the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update by using the updated version of the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire. Chainfire is a developer who is best known for his work when CF-Auto-Root and CF-Root, which mainly root Samsung devices. He is also a proponent of other tools like the Triangle way app — an app that can return your flash counter to zero if you are into flashing custom firmware.
- The rooting exploit for the S6 Edge in this guide is based on the MMB29K.SC04GOMU1BPC2 firmware. You do not have to run that firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone. Chainfire gives you that build ID to use as a guideline. Sometimes a Samsung device will not boot old images.
- You must have a Windows computer to follow this guide. No other operating system will get the job done because Odin is compatible with Windows only.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You will need to unlock the Developer Options menu if you cannot see it there from your Settings menu. You get that done by tapping on the Settings, followed by the About Device menu. Once inside the About Device menu, tap where it gives you the build number. Keep your hands out of the way and continue tapping about 7 or 8 times and it will tell you that you are using the smartphone as a developer.
- Now that you have the Developer Options menu unlocked, enter it from the Settings menu and then allow permissions for the USB Debugging by checking the box for that feature.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers  on your computer before you start with the guide so your smartphone can connect with the Odin flashing app.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE SC-04G DOCOMO RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the updated version of the CF-Auto-Root for the Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone with the SC-04G model number from here .
- Extract the file when you have it on the desktop by right-clicking on the file and then selecting the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone and then reboot to download mode before connecting it to the computer.
– you can get the S6 Edge smartphone into download mode by turning off the device and rebooting it by holding the Power + Home + Volume Down key combination.
- Click the AP button from the Odin user interface and browse the desktop for the rooting exploit that you extracted earlier.
- Click the Start button from the Odin user interface.
- Wait until you get a green pass box from the Odin user interface and then you can unplug the smartphone from the computer.
In conclusion, that’s how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G DoCoMo running the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates. Your device will now reboot to normal mode where you will find the new SuperSU application available from your S6 Edge’s app drawer. You can head over to the Google Play Store app no and install the root checker app if you don’t have it already. The root checker app is the easiest way to check that your device is rooted and ready to start installing those root apps like Titanium Backup or Triangle Away.