Here is everything you need to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates by using Chainfire’s updated version of the CF-Auto-Root tool made for the SM-G00W8 model number and a flashing app known as Odin.
- The following guide will root the Samsung Galaxy S5 with the SM-G900W8 model number when it is running the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. Do not follow this guide if you have any other model number, or else the developer clearly states that your could very well end up bricking the device.
- You must be running a version of Windows to use this guide or else the flashing tool will not work. You can use any version of Windows ranging from XP and up with the exception of some of the Windows RT versions that come with some of the Microsoft Surface tablets.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers directly to the computer  you are using for the guide for the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on your smartphone if it needs unlocking by tapping on the Settings icon > About Device > Build Number. Keep on tapping over the build number and do not stop until it says you are using the device as a developer. Those of you who get no response might already have the Developer Options menu unlocked.
- Enter the Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone by tapping on the Settings icon > Developer Options and then turn on the USB Debugging Mode by tapping the box with the same USB Debugging name, so there is a checkmark in the box. Navigate out of the Developer Options menu and the Android Marshmallow operating system will now remember your preferences.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 SM-G900W8 ON ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the S5 SM-G900W8 on Android 6.0.1 from here .
- Extract the G900W8’s rooting package to the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click on the Odin executable file that is on the desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable when you have it in the download mode.
- Check that you get a blue or yellow ID: COM port color coming from the Odin user interface which is there to let you know that your device is detected.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop for the S5’s rooting package.
- Do not change any of the default settings from the Odin user interface.
- Click the Start button and wait until the Odin user interface gives you a green pass message inside a box.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates by using an updated version of the CF-Auto-Root package provided by Chainfire. The CF-Auto-Root tool, regardless of which version you are using for a device, will always enable the SuperSU app on your smartphone. The only difference is which version of the SuperSU and how it is going to install that SuperSU on your device.