These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G901F LTE-A smartphones that are running on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by using an updated version of Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root that that has been specially put together for the S5 with the SM-G901F model number.
- The steps you will read in this guide are made for the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone that comes with the SM-G901F model number — the 4G LTE-A variant of the S5 smartphone. You must use the file in this guide on the same model number or else you can expect your device to be bricked. Make sure you do not get it wrong by checking your model number from the Settings > About Device > Model Number on your device.
- The CF-Auto-Root package in this guide requires the flashing tool to be running on a Windows computer and will not work unless it is Windows. There is one exception to that also: the Odin app does not run on Windows RT operating systems which are available in some versions of Microsoft Surface tablets. You can run the Odin flashing app on the Microsoft Surface Pro tablets.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer before you start with the guide or else the Odin flashing application will not detect your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. These drivers are incredibly sensitive, and you will likely need to install them again even if you have installed them recently.
- Unlock the Developer Options on your LTE-A variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone if you cannot see it available there from your Settings menu already. You unlock the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times. Just continue tapping on the build number until it says on the display that you are now using the smartphone as a developer — this is Android’s way of letting you know that you are indeed using the device with the Developer Options now unlocked.
- Head to the Developer Options we just opened now by heading to the home screen and then tapping on the Settings > Developer Options and then turn on the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the box for the USB Debugging. Once done, you can exit the Developer Options menu, and it will remember your preferences because the operating system is good like that.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 SM-G901F LTE-A RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the updated CF-Auto-Root tool for the S5 G901F smartphone on Android 6.0.1 from here.
- Extract the rooting package to the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click on the Odin executable.
- Make sure you have run the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Make sure you get a blue or yellow ID: COM port coming from the Odin user interface.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop fo the rooting package that is waiting there from when you extracted the file earlier.
- Click the Start button.
- Wait until you get a green box from the Odin user interface that gives you a pass message inside before unplugging from the computer.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G901F LTE-A running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates. The S5 LTE-A smartphone will automatically reboot back into the normal mode, and you will find the SuperSU is installed and ready from your app drawer.