Anyone who wants to customize the user experience on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus smartphone can choose to install a custom recovery and get access to the root file system otherwise known as root access. Having the root access is the only way people can use the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus with full privileged control. Getting an all access pass and the key to the operating system, so it is officially unchained is going to allow you to install any apps that you want to install whereas previously a great many of them were not available to you–even plenty from the Google Play Store.
Here is everything you need to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928w8 smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by using Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool:
- The following guide I made to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone that comes with the SM-G928W8 model number by using a newer version of the CF-Auto-Root tool. You can only flash the rooting file in this guide on that same SM-G928W8 model number or else you will likely brick the handset. You can check out the model number of your Samsung phone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer you plan on using before you start with the guide otherwise your smartphone probably will not be detected by the flashing app. When that happens, your rooting file will not flash on the device, and the smartphone will not be rooted.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. Just keep tapping on the build number until you get a message on the screen stating that you are using the operating system as a developer. The message usually appears after tapping seven or so times.
- From within the Developer Options menu that you have just unlocked turn on the option for the USB Debugging Mode. You can follow the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging path to find the box you need to check.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE+ SM-G928W8 RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW UPDATES
- Download the updated version of the CF-Auto-Root tool for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ from here.
- Extract the CF-Auto-Root file to the desktop of the computer and you will find the rooting exploit file and the Odin flashing application on the desktop now.
- Double-click the Odin flashing app and have the Odin user interface open on the desktop ready and waiting for you to connect.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone into download mode and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Check the Odin user interface is showing a blue or yellow ID: COM port color and is giving you the added message from the Odin user interface. (No message or color is letting you know that the device is not yet connected properly because the Samsung USB drivers are not installed or recognized. Make sure you install them; you might need to reboot the computer, though they should work right away after installing them).
- Click the AP button from the Odin user interface and browse the desktop for the rooting file ending in the tar.md5 file extension.
- Click the Start button from the Odin app on the computer.
- Wait until you get a pass message on display inside a green box from the Odin user interface before unplugging and enjoying your rooted smartphone.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928W8 smartphones when they are running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by using an updated version of Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool specially made for this Marshmallow update.