Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool is going to equip your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone with the SuperSU, so it is installed and enabled on your handset. The SuperSU will grant root permissions if you want to install root apps like Titanium Backup to backup your phone or uninstall system apps to debloat your ROM. The SuperSU will also work if you want to install a custom recovery and then install aftermarket firmware to take the place of your stock ROM.
- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F smartphone running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates. You will need to have the same SM-G928F model number to use this guide or else you will probably brick the smartphone according to the developer.
- The following guide should work for any firmware build number as long as it is running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates according to the developer. The only exception to that is if the file needs updating. Sometimes software updates can bring new bootloaders and when that happens people need to send in the new recovery image so Chainfire can update the files. Anyone facing problems like a smartphone that does not boot or does not flash should head over to the CF-Auto-Root thread on the XDA-Developers website and leave a message on the thread along with the updated version of recovery image file so Chainfire can see your message and apply the updates. Those updates will be automatically reflected in our guides.
- You must have a computer that is running a version of the Windows operating system to follow this guide; the Odin application will work for Windows operating systems only.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus smartphone on the computer and run them before you start with the guide.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number at least seven times. You know your menu is unlocked when you see some text on the display stating that you are using the S6 Edge Plus smartphone as a developer now.
- From the Developer Options menu, turn on the USB Debugging Mode. Do this by tapping Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE+ SM-G928F RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the updated CF-Auto-Root tool for the S6 Edge+ on Android 6.0.1 from here.
- Extract the rooting file to the desktop of the computer and you will see the Odin flashing app and the rooting file on the desktop.
- Make sure you have run the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer.
- Double-click on the Odin executable file that is on the desktop and the flashing tool opens.
- Put the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus into the download mode and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for a yellow or blue light from the ID: COM port to let you know that the drivers are working. (No light means you need to get the drivers working before proceeding with the rest of the guide).
- From the Odin user interface, go click the AP button. After which, browse the desktop for the S6 Edge+’s rooting file ending in the tar.md5 file extension.
- Leave all of the default settings the way they were when you first opened up Odin. (Those of you who have forgotten should download a new version of Odin instead).
- Click the Start button from the Odin user interface and wait until you get a green pass box from the Odin user interface before unplugging from the computer.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by using a more suitable and upgraded version of the CF-Auto-Rot tool that was made for your model number running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.