Replacing the stock ROM on a smartphone for a custom ROM is always fun, much like installing some root apps to change the way your internal system is fun. However, those options are not always available on a smartphone unless we unlock the bootloader first. True, there are devices out there that do not require us to unlock the bootloader before we start installing custom recoveries and gaining rooting privileged over the operating system like when we use a Samsung device coupled with the CF-Auto-Root tool, but those luxuries are not always available. For all the times it is not available, we just need to follow a quick tutorial that teaches us how to unlock the bootloader like we have here with the how to unlock the bootloader on the LeTv 1S smartphone after the break.
Here is everything you need to know to unlock the bootloader on the LeTv 1 S handset so you can install a custom recovery and then root the smartphone.
- The following tutorial is going to unlock the bootloader on the LetV 1S smartphone and not necessarily all other LeTv devices.
- You must have a computer that is running a Windows operating system to unlock the bootloader of the LeTv 1S smartphone by using this guide.
- You can only use this guide with the LeX507 version of the LeTv 1S smartphone and no other or else you will brick the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you install the ADB Drivers on your Windows computer  before you get started with the guide.
- Note that rooting the Android operating system usually voids the warranty by your manufacturer. There are some exceptions to that at times, so contact your manufacturer or phone carrier network to find out what they have to say if your warranty concerns you that much.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on your LeTv smartphone by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number at least seven times and until you see some text on the display stating that you are using the smartphone as a developer now.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode on the LeTv smartphone by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Once the box is checked, leave the Developer Options, and the Android operating system will remember your preferences.
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LETV 1S
- Download fastboot from our ADB and Fastboot page  and come directly back to this guide without following the guide on how to set up Fastboot.
- Have Fastboot on the desktop and then extract the Fastboot file on the desktop.
- With nothing but the desktop on your computer, hold the Shift key down and right-click the desktop background to bring up a new menu.
- Choose to open a new command window here from the menu.
- Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” to get your smartphone in the required bootloader mode.
- Type the command “fastboot oem unlock” to get your bootloader unlocked.
- Type the command “fastboot reboot” to restart the LeTv smartphone back into the normal mode.
In conclusion, that is how to unlock the bootloader on the LeTv 1S smartphone so you can start using other guides that will customize your device without bricking the handset. You can get things underway by learning how to install a custom recovery on the LeTv 1S smartphone  so you can go on to root the same device later.