Rooting the Android operating system that is running on your Huawei Honor 6 smartphone is the only way to gain full privileged control. Smartphones like the Honor 6 usually come with locked bootloaders and locked operating systems to prevent people from rooting or installing aftermarket firmware.
Companies like Huawei argue that they do not want people running aftermarket firmware in replace of the stock firmware because it creates extra problems–and it fairness it does. The thing is though those issues do not fall back on the manufacturer or phone carrier networks for the most part. Moreover, it also does a lot more than that and one of the most obvious things that it does it leads to those same companies who manufactured your smartphones making less money. Almost all devices come with system apps already firmly embedded into your stock firmware so that when you open your device out of the box and start using it, you are using the device in the environment that is designed by the phone manufacturer or carrier networks. One of the upsides of that for them is that they can make more money when you continue to use their services. By taking away the stock ROM and installing a custom ROM on your phone, you are also removing a lot of those same system apps that they were using as revenue streams.
Once you lay down your hard earned cash and pay for a device outright what you do with it after that point in time should be up to you. If you want to buy a smartphone like the Huawei Honor 6 handset and take it home and throw it in your swimming pool–as much as a shame that it would be to the manufacturer who cared so deeply in the making of that device–you should be able to do that. The same sort of reasoning needs to be applied with our rooting and jailbreaking laws where we should have the ability to swap our stock ROMs for a custom ROM once we pay for the device.
Here is everything you need to root Huawei Honor 6 smartphones when you have them running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates.
- The following rooting tool is only made available for a few choice Huawei smartphones. Do not flash this file on any device apart from the Huawei Honor 6 smartphone unless you know it works for your device, or else you risk bricking the handset.
- The SRKTools rooting exploit only works if your computer is running a version of Windows.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Huawei Honor 6 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. Tap over that same build number until you see some text on the screen of your phone stating that you are now using it as a developer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI HONOR 6 RUNNING ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT AND ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the SRKTool from the XDA-Developers website.
- Ensure that you have enabled the USB Debugging Mode from the Before We Begin section above.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 6 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Run the SRKTool by double-clicking over the executable file.
- Choose the option to root from the menu.
- Select the option you want from the root sub menu.
- Reboot the Honor 6 phone once the flashing is complete and disconnect from the computer.
In conclusion, that is everything you have to do to root Huawei Honor 6 smartphones when you have them running on either the Android 4.4 KitKat or the Android 5.1 Lollipop software updates by using a neat new tool, namely SRKTools developed by an XDA-Developers senior member.