Over the years there have been many one-click rooting tools that arrived both for various versions of the Android software and devices. The one that had the biggest impact on the Android universe since I have been covering rooting guides is the KingRoot tool. While the Chinese KingRoot tool eventually retracted on their original claims of being able to root every device in just one click, they did succeed managing to root a great many of them. One rooting tool that is also of the one-click variety but far fewer people know about is the SRK Tool developed by an XDA-Developers senior member. The SRK Tool does not grant rooting permissions on many devices, but it is confirmed as reliable for seven smartphones from Huawei one of which is the Huawei Honor 7 Plus handset.
The results from the SRK Tool are the same as any other one click rooting tool: all of the root applications run because you are officially using the Android operating system as a root user. Moreover, you can install any custom ROMs that do not come pre-rooted like the CyanogenMod custom ROMs. You just need to unlock the bootloader and then install a custom recovery before you can load the ROM files.
- The following guide is made for the Huawei Honor 7 Plus smartphone when running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates, and although very reliable, it is only made to run on a few software updates. The guide may not work if you ever update the device to newer versions of Android such as the Android N update in the future if it ever rolls out in your direction as an official over the air update.
- You must have a computer that is running a version of the Windows operating system if you are using the SRK Tool found in this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You need to unlock the Developer Options menu on the Huawei Honor 7 Plus smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. Tap on the build number for a minimum of seven times and you get a message on the display stating that you are using the device as a developer if you tap long enough.
- Enter the Developer Options menu and enable the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Once you have tapped on the box that was empty for the USB Debugging Mode, you can leave the Developer Options menu, and the Android operating system remembers your preferences.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on the computer that you are using the SRK Tools application so that your smartphone can be detected by the rooting tool during the tutorial.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI HONOR 7 PLUS SMARTPHONES RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW UPDATES
- Download the SRK Tools file to the Windows computer and copy or drag it to your desktop.
- Extract the ARK rooting file to the desktop and you should see the rooting executable file.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 7 Plus smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that you would usually use to charge the battery on the handset.
- Double-click the SRK executable file and then choose the option for the rooting from the menu.
- Select the type of root you want to carry out from the sub menu on the following screen.
- Wait for the Honor 7 Plus smartphone to be rooted and then reboot the phone when it is done.
In conclusion, that is how to root Huawei Honor 7 Plus running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates by using a new SRK Tool from an XDA-Developers senior member. Once the smartphone reboots back into the normal mode, you are then able to start installing the applications that require you being a root user for them to work. Anyone hoping for a point in the right direction might want to check out the Dumpster app–an application that can help you recover deleted pictures from the past. The dumpster is also available for those who are unrooted, but the app shines for the root users and allows you to get more pictures.