Rooting the Huawei Honor 4A smartphone, can be done using KingRoot — a universal one-click rooting tool — which enables the KingUser on your phone. The King User is kind of like the Chinese version of the SuperSU app that most of us know from Chainfire. While Chainfires SuperSU is usually installed using the Odin flashing tool or a custom recovery image, the King User is installed just by running on the Kingroot app either directly from your smartphone or a computer if you are using the desktop version. It is said that the desktop version of the Kingroot app has a higher success rate, but most people use the version that can install without a PC so they can do it directly from the smartphone instead — and they do not have much trouble doing it.
Rooting the Huawei Honor 4A smartphone with the KingRoot one-click rooting app will mean you can start installing the same root apps that you could with SuperSU or any other rooting method. However, it does not require you to have an unlocked bootloader, so it does not mean you can automatically install a custom recovery if a custom recovery usually required an unlocked bootloader on your device.
Here is everything you need to root Huawei Honor 4A smartphones when they are running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop software updates — the same Android version they are shipped with out of the box.
- The following guide is made for the Huawei Honor 4A smartphone and will not necessarily root any of your other Huawei smartphones. Moreover, the rooting tool in this guide is only proven to work on Android 5.1 Lollipop updates. There is no harm in trying this out in future updates, though, because the Kingroot tool cannot brick your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu if it is not there on your Huawei Honor 4A smartphone already by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number. It is a requirement to tap the Build Number at least seven times, and it will then say you are using the smartphone as a developer.
- Head to the Developer Options menu that you just unlocked by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options and then check the box that is available for the USB Debugging Mode. Once that box is checked your USB Debugging is officially enabled, and you can exit the Developer Options menu for the Android operating system to remember your settings.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI HONOR 4A RUNNING ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP UPDATES
- Download the Kingroot one click rooting app from the XDA forum.
- Install Kingroot directly from the Honor 4A smartphone browser just like you would any other app, and it will be available from your app drawers when you are done.
- Tap on the Kingroot app once it is available from the app drawer, so the app officially opens for the first time.
- From the main Kingroot page, look for the large rooting button and tap it when yo are ready.
- The Kingroot app will now ping its servers for the desired rooting method to unchain your operating system on the Honor 4A smartphone.
- Wait until you see the progress bar on the display of your Honor 4A smartphone reach 100% and the Kingroot app gives you a message on the screen that says it was successful.
- Exit the Kingroot and then reboot the Huawei Honor 4A smartphone as you usually would.
In conclusion, that is how to root Huawei Honor 4A smartphones running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop software updates by using the best one click rooting tool the world has ever seen to date, namely Kingroot. You will find the root apps from the Google Play Store such as the Titanium Backup app work correctly, but be careful when installing a custom recovery. The Kingroot app does not require an unlocked bootloader, nor does it unlock it during the rooting guide.