Do you know how to disable Safari Suggestions your iOS device? Many iPhone or iPad users complain about Safari crashing on a regular basis. To fix this issue of Safari crashing, you need to disable Safari Suggestions your iOS.
What is Safari?
Safari is a web browser that was developed by Apple for the iPhone and MAC users. It is a pre-installed application that you can find in any Apple product such as the iPhone, the iPad or the MAC operating computers. Safari has many advantages over other web browsers such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A few advantages of Safari are:
- Safari uses Cover-Flow Graphics for displaying history items and bookmarks as images. When you click on a history item or bookmark in Safari, it will take you to that page.
- Safari allows users to perform advanced history search.
- Safari has the option named “Reading List.” If you want to add your current webpage, simply click to open the page and then right click and select the option “Add” to add the current web page to the list.
- Safari has a feature called Safari Reader that helps in removing the clutter from the page and allows you to read faster.
What are Safari Suggestions?
For Apple users, there is a nice feature named Safari Suggestions. This feature gets activated when you type in Safari’s Smart-Search. It pops up a window with content previews that are interactive for news, films, locations, Wikipedia articles and for iTunes.
Is Safari Suggestions Useful for the User?
The answer to this question depends upon the amount of experience you have with it. In some cases, the feature is great and useful as it displays important information, whereas in other conditions it looks so bad and shows you all incorrect information and you may as well disable Safari Suggestions. One of the common problems caused by Safari Suggestion is the repeated crashing of Safari. Because of this reason, most people are now starting to disable Safari Suggestions on their iPhone or iPad.
Steps to disable Safari Suggestions on iOS
- Go to Settings app.
- Now select “Safari” from the apps that are installed in your Smartphone.
- Now turn off the “Safari Suggestions.”
That’s all there is to disable Safari Suggestions.
You can also disable the Location for Safari Suggestions. The steps to disable the location for Safari Suggestions are:
- Go to Settings and then to Privacy.
- Next, select the option Location Service in your iPhone.
- Select the System Service option that is displayed at the bottom.
- Now, turn off the option for Safari & Spotlight Suggestions.
Safari Suggestion is a cool feature to have, but because of a bug, it is causing serious crashes. There are no fixes from Apple to fix the issue with Safari Suggestion. If you wish to save yourself from crashes, disable Safari Suggestions on your iOS or even in MAC operating computers. Once Safari or Apple is able to fix the issue, we can re-enable this function. Until then, it would be better to disable Safari Suggestions on your iOS device and save yourself the frustration of crashed browsers.