Installing a custom recovery on the Micromax Canvas 6 is required if you want to install any custom ROMs on your smartphone. Additionally, you need a custom recovery if you are going to use the guide we have that roots the Micromax Canvas 6 smartphone using Chainfire’s SuperSU. You should look to get root access and a custom recovery installed if you want a custom ROM anyhow because many of them do not come pre-rooted and require your device to be rooted for it to run.
- The custom recovery image found in this guide is made for the Micromax Canvas 6 smartphone and should not be flashed on any other device unless you have been advised by a professional that it is safe to do so. Most custom recovery images are designed for one device only and require different files if you have a different device.
- You need a computer that is running the Windows operating system if you are to follow this guide using ADB and fastboot because our version only works on Windows. Other versions work for MacOS and Linux, but you need a different file for those other operating systems. Moreover, MacOS and Linux also require unique sudo commands that differ from the traditional commands we use with Windows operating systems.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You need to unlock the Developer Options menu on the Micromax Canvas 6 smartphones by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. Tap the build number repeatedly until it says you are now using the device as a developer who is usually about seven or so times.
- Now enter the Developer Options menu that you just unlocked on the Micromax Canvas 6 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options and tap the box next to the USB Debugging options so that it is on completely.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON MICROMAX CANVAS 6 SMARTPHONES
- Set up ADB and fastboot from the computer running a version of the Windows  operating system and then come back and continue with this guide.
- Download the TWRP Recovery file  and then extract the package to the desktop of the computer and shift all the contents of the TWRP folder to the same folder as your ADB, so they are both in the one directory.
- Install the universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer  before you continue so that the ADB can work.
- Connect the Micromax Canvas 6 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- From inside the ADB and TWRP folder, hold down the Shift key and right-click the white background of the folder and choose to “open a new command window here” from the menu.
- Type the first command: “adb reboot bootloader” and the Canvas 6 smartphone gets into the recovery mode.
- Type the command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and the custom recovery is flashed on your Canvas 6 smartphone.
- Type the command: “fastboot reboot” and then hold down the hardware button combination that boots up your Micromax smartphone into the recovery mode when you see your device reboot.
In conclusion, that is how to install TWRP Recovery on Micromax Canvas 6 smartphones by making use of your ADB and fastboot from a computer that is running a version of the Windows operating system. Now you can find out what you need to root the Micromax Canvas 6 smartphone running on Android 5.1 Lollipop  updates so you can install any custom ROMs that do not come pre-rooted as well as the root applications from the Google Play Store.