Rooting the Android operating system that is running on the MicroMax E484 smartphone is going to mean you are then using the device from that point on as a root user. A root user has all an all access pass to the operating system so that there is nothing you cannot install. You also need to rely on being a root user if you are interested in any developments.
For those who are not familiar with the term root user on the Android operating system, it is the equivalent of using a Windows operating system with administrator permissions. Anyone who has used a PC running Windows and wasn’t logged into the administrator’s account may be aware of the limitations that it has if you ever tried to install a program that required permissions from an administration level account before it would install. Using the Android operating system without it being rooted causes many of the same hassles for people, and they can stumble across many apps that are unable to be installed. The way we fix that problem is by rooting the Android operating system which means we are then using the device as a root user.
- The Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro smartphone needs a custom recovery installed on the smartphone before you can follow this guide. You can install any custom recovery out there that is available for your smartphone, but the TWRP Recovery we have for you is the one we recommend.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- It is always a good idea to backup the data like your pictures and contacts before Rooting the Micromax Canvas 6 smartphone just in case something goes wrong, and you wish to take the hard reset option later. Since you have installed a custom recovery image on the smartphone, you can use it to make a complete backup of its NANDroid backup feature. Alternatively, you can use the applications like Helium that you were using up until now to store your data if you prefer. Once you finish the guide below and start using the smartphone as a root user, you are then able to install better applications like the Titanium Backup app.
HOW TO ROOT MICROMAX E484 CANVAS 6 PRO RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP UPDATES
- Download the SuperSU app directly to the computer and keep it on the desktop.
- Connect the Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro smartphone to the computer with the USB cable and then copy the SuperSU zip file over to the internal storage SD card folder.
- Unplug the Micromax smartphone from the computer once the SuperSU is on the SD card.
- Boot the Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro smartphone into the custom recovery that you installed earlier.
- Tape on the “Backup” button if you want to take the NANDroid backup option to store your data.
- Select the “Install” button from the main recovery menu and then browse the SD card location and upload the SuperSU 2.49 you copied there earlier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the SuperSU application.
- Choose the option to reboot the system from the main recovery menu.
In conclusion, that is how to root Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro smartphones running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop software updates by using Chainfire’s SuperSU app. Now that a custom recovery is installed and you have become a root user thanks to the SuperSU you can install custom ROMs, custom kernels, and any of the root apps from the Google Play Store like the Titanium backup application that can help freeze or completely uninstall your system apps.