If you are an LG G5 Smartphone user, then you will have to add App drawer to LG G5 home screen if you don’t like to see all your Android apps appearing on your home screen. Even though you can easily drag and drop these apps into folders, seeing them together on your home screen is something most users do not prefer. You can add the App Drawer to LG G5 by following the steps given below.
What is App Drawer?
App Drawer, also known as App Tray, is a place where you can see all the apps and gadgets installed on your Smartphone. In most Smartphones, you can get to the app drawer by clicking on the “Launcher Button” (key marked with small rectangles). LG G5, the high end Smartphone by LG, however does not have an app drawer. They have removed the app drawer and placed all the apps on the home screen itself. Most users do not wish to have apps displayed on their home screen. So, if you wish to add an App Drawer to LG G5, you need to install it.
Points to Consider Before Adding App Drawer to LG G5
- Make sure you have enough memory in your LG G5 Smartphone.
- There should be at least 40% charge remaining in your Smartphone as it takes some time to download the app and install it.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is fast. If it is a slow Internet connection, then it will take hours to download the app and install it.
- Once the installation is done, check for updates.
Steps to Add App Drawer to LG G5
- The first step in adding App Drawer to LG G5 is downloading and launching the LG SmartWorld Once you have successfully located LG’s own app store, tap the pink icon to start the process.
- The next step is to find “LG Home 4.0” and download it.
- Now tap the install option to install the app on your new LG G5 Smartphone. As it is a free application, you don’t have to worry about entering credit card information to purchase it. Once the LG Home version 4.0 is downloaded successfully, it will automatically be installed on your Smartphone.
- The next step is to activate the App Drawer. After installing the LG Home version 4.0, you need to click on the Home button. You need to install the UI version UX 4.0 to get back app drawer. You can see a checkbox near “Use Default App.” Check the checkbox to select this option and it will automatically set the option as your default main interface.
That’s it. You have now successfully added the app drawer to LG G5 Smartphone. Now you don’t have to worry about a crowded home screen. All the apps and gadgets installed in your LG G5 will now be displayed in the App Drawer.
LG G5 is a high end Smartphone that is now ruling the Smartphone market. Many LG users felt that the decision to avoid the App Drawer was a shocking decision taken by LG. Thankfully you can add the App Drawer to LG G5 and enjoy the features without much struggle.