Whether you want to flash a custom recovery image to check out some ROMs and kernels or use it to become the root user of Android, the following guide to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 is going to allow you to do it all. Here is how to install it:
- The recovery image file found in this guide is only made for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet that comes with the SM-T580 model number. You can find out the model number of your Samsung mobile device by tapping on the Settings app > About Device.
- You need to have a computer that is running a version of the Windows operating system to use this guide. Any other operating system does not support the Odin flashing application.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We most often flash a custom recovery image using ADB and a computer and run some ADB commands, but this time, we are using the Odin flashing application on a Windows PC to get it done instead. You need to have the Developer options menu unlocked and the USB debugging mode enabled  before you connect the device to the computer with the USB cable so you can make changes to the Android software that is running on the device.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on the PC  before getting started with the guide so your tablet can connect to the computer and get hooked up to the flashing tool without any issues.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB A SM-T580
- Download the TWRP Recovery  for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 (the link is in the original post).
- Download one of the latest versions of the Odin flash tool for Windows.
- Extract the two files  to the Downloads folder—where all of your downloads end up by default.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet into the Download Mode  and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double-click on the Odin file from the Downloads folder and the flashing tool opens.
- As long as you have already installed the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer, the Odin ID: COM port shows a blue or yellow color—this is a good thing and means that your device is connected correctly.
- Click on the Options tab next to the messages in Odin and make sure to deselect the Auto Reboot option, so the device does not automatically reboot after the flashing completes. You are going to do that manually instead.
- Do not make any other changes from the default options available from Odin; just click the AP button and browse through to the Downloads folder and select the TWRP file.
- Select the start button from Odin and the flashing of the custom recovery image begins.
- Wait until the flashing completes and then reboot the Samsung Galaxy Tab A into Recovery Mode so that it first-time boots into the Recovery (TWRP boots).
- You can reboot back into the regular mode or continue using the new Recovery that is installed on your device.
In conclusion, that is how to flash TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 tablets so you can flash new ROMs and kernels, get root access with SuperSU and start taking full backups with the NANDroid backup feature. You can find out what is needed to become the root user on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 tablet  now if you want to start installing and uninstalling more apps.