There is often a few ways one can get root access on a Samsung smartphone, but sometimes all of the ways take some time to become available. If you wanted to root the Samsung Galaxy On5 with the SM-G550T model number, then you have no choice but to install a custom recovery image first and then flash the version of the SuperSU that is found in this guide.
There are many versions of SuperSU—from stable builds to new beta versions and everything in between. The things “ín between” can often be more complicated also such as the way the SuperSU manages to install itself onto your device and the way it has been developed. The version of SupeSU for the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates is a systemless root, and that is different from the version of SuperSU that we used to root older versions of Android like KitKat. It was said that the systemless root version was going to continue into Android 7.0, but recent news suggests otherwise.
- You need to install a custom recovery image on the Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T smartphone before you can use this guide to root it with Chainfire’s SuperSU.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- The guide demonstrates what you nee to get the SuperSU app from the computer onto your Samsung Galaxy On5 SD card. You might see other guides that suggest doing this directly from the phone’s browser itself, but we do not recommend following that method. The way you see it done in this guide is the correct way to get SuperSU onto the SD card and installed on your device.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY ON5 SM-G550T RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW WITH SUPERSU
- Download the SuperSU  to the computer and open the Downloads folder after the download is complete to find your file.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file to the internal storage SD card folder that is available on the computer for your smartphone when it is connected via the USB cable.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer once you are sure that you have the SuperSU zip file on the SD card.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T smartphone into the Recovery Mode  and then choose to take the NANDroid options if you haven’t yet backed up the data.
- Select the Install option from the recovery menu and then browse through to the SD card and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred there earlier.
- Follow the guidelines to install the SuperSU now which usually consists if swiping on the display to confirm the installation and then waiting for it to complete.
- Choose the “Reboot” and “System” options from the menu after it is done and the Samsung Galaxy On5 smartphone gets its system reboot back into the normal mode and away from the recovery partition.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by using Chainfire’s systemless root version of the app. You can see SuperSU available from the app drawer now. Enter it whenever you want to unroot and you will see the option to unroot fully. Otherwise, you can begin installing the root apps you wanted to try.