The Samsung Galaxy On5 smartphone is off to a good start in the world of customizing mobile devices thanks to an official TWRP Recovery image becoming available from the Team Win website. Not all devices get looked after quite so well, but since the Samsung Galaxy On5 smartphone has been, you might be wondering just what you can do with it.
Most people are installing custom recoveries so they can start installing custom ROMs. The process of installing a custom ROM doesn’t usually require root access at all, but sometimes people get confused because a rooted device does have some benefits when wanting to install custom ROMs such as the use of apps like the ROM Manager app to help get you on your way.
While on the topic of rooting smartphones, it too is another popular reason for installing a custom recovery. It doesn’t matter how you go about getting the custom recovery image installed, as long as it is booting up then you can flash the right version of SuperSU.
- The Odin flashing tool available in this guide only works if you are running a version of the Windows operating systems.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that you might see several versions of the custom recovery image available from the source download link. It is recommended that you install the latest version unless you know otherwise.
- Make sure you have unlocked the Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy On5 smartphone and then turned on the USB Debugging Mode from the menu so that Android allows for changes to be made with the software which is what you need if you are going to get a custom recovery installed.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers  on the Windows computer before getting started to that the TWRP can get flashed onto the smartphone when you have it connected to the computer with the USB cable.
HOW TO FLASH TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY ON5 SM-G550T1
- Download the TWRP Recovery  for the Samsung Galaxy On5 smartphone to the computer.
- Download the Odin flashing app  on the computer.
- Open up the Downloads folder on the computer and extract the TWRP and Odin files to the Downloads folder so you can use both items.
- Double-click on the Odin executable file and the flashing tool opens.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T1 into the Download Mode and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- The Odin flashing tool now shows a blue or yellow ID: COM port and added message from the Log if you have installed the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer correctly.
- Click on the AP button and browse through to the Downloads folder and click on the custom recovery image file to upload it to the Odin application.
- Click on the “Options” tab next to the “Log” tab and turn off the “Auto Reboot” option so it does not reboot after the flashing completes.
- Do not change any of the other default settings available from the Odin user interface or you might end up with lost data.
- Click on the “Start” button and the Odin app flashes the TWRP to the Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T1 smartphone.
- Wait for the Odin flashing tool to show a green box with the pass message inside before you unplug the smartphone from the computer.
- Manually reboot the device directly into the Recovery Mode now so that it first-time boots to the custom recovery that you just installed so that the stock recovery doesn’t have a chance of wiping over your work.
That is all you need to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T1 smartphones by flashing the official custom recovery image from the guys at Team Win.
The Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T1 smartphone can now be rooted if you prefer becoming the root user on the device now. You can find out how by checking out the how to root Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T1 smartphones running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow  software updates.