In this article, we will learn how to delete your Twitter account if you no longer need it.
Before you learn how to delete your Twitter account, let us briefly learn about Twitter, what it is and the purpose it is most commonly used for.
Twitter is a website that concerns itself with the question – what is happening? Whether in politics, in your university or in your neighbor’s home or your home, you can put it on Twitter. Generally, you can tweet on any topic or send a message on any topic under the sun and even beyond the sun too, subject to limits within decency. It is like the commonly used social networking site like Facebook in today’s world and allows little blogs to be written and instantly sent out. However, on Twitter, your message is limited to 140 characters so you need to be succinct in what you want to say.
How to Delete Your Twitter Account on a PC or Laptop
- Log in to your Twitter account on any browser of your choice.
- Click on the cog icon, which is account settings (or tools), on the top of your screen after you log in.
- Now select Settings from the menu that drops down.
- Scroll down to the last link – ‘deactivate my account,’ on this page.
- Read the displayed warnings and ensure you really wish to deactivate your Twitter account.
- Now click the deactivate button.
- Enter your account password to confirm your identity.
- Now click the deactivate account button.
The account will not be deleted for the next 30 days after you do the above steps. You can simply log into your Twitter account anytime in the next 30 days if you change your mind after you delete your Twitter account and want reactivate your account on this social networking site.
You have now completed the procedure to delete your Twitter account on a PC or laptop.
How to Delete Your Account on an Android
- Open a web browser on your phone.
- Type the URL for Twitter and tap go.
- Sign into your Twitter account using your login credentials.
- Tap your username icon on the top left of your mobile screen.
- Select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your settings page and click on ‘deactivate my account’.
- Tap on OK, fine deactivate my account button to confirm your account deletion.
- 30 days later your account is permanently deleted from the internal servers at Twitter.
You have now completed the procedure to delete your Twitter account on an Android.
How to Delete Your Account on an iPhone
- Tap settings on your iPhone screen to open the menu.
- Scroll down to the Twitter icon in your settings menu.
- Tap on the Twitter icon to open the app.
- Choose and Tap on account name you wish to delete.
- Select the delete button from the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm you wish to delete this account by pressing delete account once prompted.
- Close the settings menu.
You have now completed the procedure to delete your Twitter account on an iPhone. The procedure will be very similar when deleting your Twitter account from an iPad.
We have enumerated easy steps to delete your Twitter account from a personal computer or laptop, an Android mobile as well as an iPhone. It’s a straightforward procedure and easy to accomplish.