The following is a description of Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition, as per the developer:
Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition allows you to manage your disk partition similar with Partition Magic. It can perform more complicated partition operations on your disk like Resize and Move Partition, Extend System Drive, Repartition, Merge, Split Partition etc, and it can work well on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 (both 32bit and 64bit).
This professional edition is an advanced Windows partition manager software to assist you to optimize disk performance, and most widely being used by personal users which allows you to be an partition solution expert with professional unique technology. It adopts the low-level commands like sector-grade to ensure all operations higher efficiency.
Basic Partitioning Features
- Create partitions
- Format partitions
- Delete partitions
- Assign drive letters
- Remove drive letters
- Hide partitions
- Unhide partitions
- Mark a partition as active
- Change partition volume labels
- Check file system integrity
- Check disk bad sectors
- Permanently wipe disk data
- Convert file system
- Clear system disk
Advanced Partitioning Features
- Hot resize system partition without work interruption
- Resize partition to optimize disk space management
- Move partition from one location to another
- Merge partitions into a larger one
- Split partition into two or more partitions
- Merging non-continuous unallocated space to partition is available
- Allocate free space from one partition to another for effective use of storages
- Create partition as you wish although there is no unallocated space
- Convert Primary partition to logical partition and vice versa
- Extend partition to increase the capacity
- Shrink partition to release more unallocated space
- Redistribute free space to create new partition
- Extend partition wizard step-by-step help you
- Repartition without data loss
- Wipe hard drive and wipe partition
- Copy disk: allows you to transfer all data and application from one disk to another
- Copy partition: enables you to backup or clone partition to a new location
- Support GPT hard disk up to 4TB
- Support USB flash hard drive
- Enhanced data protection technique ensure data security 100% during resizing partition
- Virtual pre-execution, preview any operation tasks before apply to the disk
- Flexible and adjustable drag & drop interface
- Display hard disk configuration in graphic form (Disk Panel)
- View all disk and partition properties
- Display operation progress in graphic form and step by step
- Support Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Support file system including FAT, FAT32 and NTFS
- Support hard disks from 100MB to 2TB
- Support up to 32 hard drives
- Support all hardware RAID such as hardware RAID0, RAID1, RAID5 etc
- Support storage devices including IDE, SATA, SCSI, USB disk, FireWire disk etc
- Password Protecting Partition Assistant
Aomei Partition Assistant is a good, solid partition manager. It has all the basics one expects for partition management plus a cool extra of being able to copy partition/disk to another partition/disk and wipe disks/partitions; and, as per my (quick) tests, it works fairly well. And all that comes in a relatively small 3 MB download. For anyone looking for a no-frills partition manager, Partition Assistant is a viable option.
That said, Partition Assistant offers the basics and nothing more. Rival partition managers, such as EASEUS Partition Master and Paragon Software’s partition managers, offer more features than Partition Assistant, albeit at the cost of having to download larger files. Most notably, Partition Assistant works with only NTFS/FAT/FAT32 file systems — no support for Linux or Mac partitions; and Partition Assistant has no ability to great a recovery disc, neither WinPE or Linux-based. Personally speaking, if I were to pick between between Aomei Partition Assistant and EASEUS Partition Master or a Paragon partition manager, I’d pick one of the latter two. (It should be noted free/home editions of EASEUS and Paragon products cannot be used for commercial/non-home use.)
Also it should be mentioned there are multiple editions of Aomei Partition Assistant. The ones I would like to discuss are Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition and Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition. Home Edition is freeware while Professional Edition normally costs $39; Professional Edition is also the edition being offered for free via the promotion being discussed in this article. The key thing to note is, as far as I can tell, there are absolutely no differences between Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition and Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition. Both Home Edition and Professional Edition have the same features, work on the same versions of Windows, support 32-bit and 64-bit, and can be used for home and commercial use. The only difference between the two editions is, according to the developer’s website, Professional Edition users “enjoy free lifetime preferential technical support and needed workstation maintenance for small businesses”. So, yeah, a freebie of Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition isn’t as lucrative as you might think. In fact it is probably a good idea to get Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition over a Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition freebie because Home Edition is guaranteed to get free updates to later versions where as a Professional Edition freebie may not get free updates.
Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition is being given out in a promotion by the developer themselves . The promotion is live until January 5, 2012; there are no details if you can install/reinstall after this date.
To get Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition for free, do the following:
Version being given out for free: v4.0
Free updates: Unknown
Free technical support: Unknown
Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win7
Download size: 3.2 MB
- Download  and install Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition.
- After installation, you are good to go. There is no need to register Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition — it comes “pre-registered”.
If you have trouble getting Aomei Partition Assistant Professional Edition for free, post below and other dotTechies or I will try to help.
Thanks ckeong89 !