The following is a description of East-Tec Eraser 2011, as per how Ashraf has described it in the past:
[…]East-Tec Eraser is a program that allows you to securely delete files, data and user activity from your computer. You see usually when you delete something on your computer, it is not truly “deleted” in the sense that there are ways for the data to be retrieved. East-Tec Eraser allows you to delete files/data/user activity using secure erasing methods that make it near impossible for others to retrieve what you deleted.
The best way I would describe East-Tec Eraser is CCleaner + Heidi’s Eraser into one program. With East-Tec Eraser not only can you securely delete individual files and folders but you can also protect your privacy by securely deleting your Windows (applications/programs, email, P2P, etc.) data and Internet (almost all browsers are supported – including Chrome and Opera) activity. To help you with the former task, East-Tec Eraser has an easy to use interface where you can add multiple files and folders at once to delete; you also have the ability to add entries in your right click context menu. To help you with the later task, East-Tec Eraser has a built in application detector that will detect all the possible applications that it can erase the activity history from automatically; if East-Tec Eraser does not find a particular application that you use, you have the ability to add custom programs (by designating files, folders or registry entries) to delete the history from.
East-Tec Eraser boasts the ability to erase anything using methods from a normal erase to a Gutmann wipe (35 pass) and everything in between, including methods that match and surpass US Department of Defense 5220.22-M standards. Heck if you don’t like any pre-configured secure erasing methods you have the ability to create/define your own also (if you custom created method to securely erase files/data becomes popular and you become rich and famous, I expect royalties).
Additionally, you can use East-Tec to securely erase files/data/user activity that you previously deleted or use the built in disk wiper to securely wipe any hard drives (internal or external – including USB/flash drives) or select partitions.[…]
I’ve been a fan of East-Tec Eraser since I used East-Tec Eraser 2008. Personally speaking, I think it is a great program that allows users to easily and quickly securely delete files and securely wipe empty space and/or hard drives/partitions. Highly recommended.
It should be noted, however, I’m not too sure how often EAST Technologies is updating East-Tec Eraser. I mean they are releasing “new” versions, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. each year but the actual program doesn’t appear to be much different than previous versions aside from a slight change in interface. If there are any changes from version to version, they are only minor changes.
East-Tec Eraser 2011 is being given away in a promotion by DownloadCrew. The giveaway is live for 24-hours (ends January 10, 2011 at 6:69 PM EST); there is no information on if you can install/reinstall at a later date or not.
Version being given out for free: v22.214.171.124 (“2011”)
Free updates: No
Free technical support: Unknown
Supported OS: Supported OS: Windows XP/Vista/Win7
Download size: 7.7 MB
To get East-Tec Eraser 2011 for free, do the following:
- Visit the promotion page  and register:
- Check the inbox of the e-mail address you registered with. Look for an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of Confirmation required for your Downloadcrew registration of East-Tec Eraser 2011. There is a link in the e-mail you need to follow:
- When you follow the link you will be taken a page where you must click on the GET FREE KEY button:
- Once you click the GET FREE KEY button you will be given your registration details and directions on how to register East-Tec Eraser 2011:
- Once you have the registration details you need to download the program. To download the program you need to have an account with DownloadCrew. If you already have an account with them, skip to the next bullet point below. If you don’t have an account with them, visit the registration page  and register (registration is free):
After you fill out the form and hit CREATE ACCOUNT, if you do it properly you will be shown the following message:
Now check the inbox of the e-mail address you registered with. Look for an e-mail from noreply@gi?veaway.down?loadcrew.co?m with subject of giveaway.downloadcrew.com – New Account?. In the e-mail is a link you need to follow:
Click on the link or copy + paste it in your browser. Once the page loads your account has been confirmed (there is no success message) and you can use it.
- If you are not already logged in (you may already be logged in if you just created a new account) visit the login page  and log into your DownloadCrew account :
- Visit the promotion page  and scroll down about half way and click on the DOWNLOAD button:
- Once the download finishes, install East-Tec Eraser 2011.
- After installation, run East-Tec Eraser 2011 and register it using the registration details you were provided earlier following the registration how-to given earlier.
If you have trouble getting East-Tec Eraser 2011 for free, post below and other dotTechies or I will try to help.
Thanks Giovanni !