How to root Lenovo IdeaPad K1 on Android Ice Cream Sandwich [Guide]April 19, 2013 0 Email article | Print article
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for the Lenovo IdeaPad K1 running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is specifically for the US version of Lenovo IdeaPad K1. This root guide can be done in both Windows and Linux.
Before We Begin
- If your are a Windows user, you will need to download the usb drivers to your PC . The USB drivers you will be installing will trick your PC into thinking that you have a Motorola Xoom.
- You will need to put your IdeaPad K1 into USB Debugging mode. You can enable USB debugging by going to System settings, then Developer Options, and finally Debugging. Check the box next to USB Debugging.
- You will need to download the root package to your computer and extract the contents.
How To Root Lenovo IdeaPad K1 (US Version)
- Turn off your IdeaPad K1
- Press and hold both the Volume down and Volume up buttons. While holding both volume buttons down, power the IdeaPad K1 on.
- The screen on your IdeaPad K1 will turn black and the LED lights next to the home button will start to light up. You’ve reached APX Mode on your K1.
- Connect IdeaPad K1 to your computer using your USB cable.
- Find where you extracted the root package and run the flash-win.bat file. It is located inside the folder from which you extracted the root package. If you’re a Linux user simply CD into the directory of the extracted root package and run sudo ./flash-linux.sh
- When the rooting has completed your device will reboot.
- Once your tablet has finished rebooting, open up the Google Play Store and install BusyBox.
- As soon as BusyBox has been installed, open the app and it will prompt you for root access. Grant BusyBox root access. Once you’ve granted BusyBox root access, you’ve successfully rooted your Lenovo IdeaPad K1 (US Version)
Enjoy a rooted IdeaPad K1.