Have a BungBungame MiSS that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your BungBungame MiSS, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the BungBungame MiSS running Android 4.0. is specifically for the BungBungame MiSS.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
You’ll need a micro USB cable handy.
Enable USB debugging on your MiSS. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
You’ll need to install your device’s USB drivers. The USB drivers for your MiSS can be found at this link.
To unlock the bootloader we need to use an Android toolkit. Download Android.zip and save it to the desktop on your PC. Be sure that you extract it to a folder called Android on your desktop. Download Android.zip by following this link.
How To Root BungBungame MiSS
Part One: Unlocking The Bootloader
- Open up the Android folder on the desktop of your PC. Hold down your shift key and right click. This will open the Windows context menu. Look for an option that says ‘open command prompt here’ and click it. This will open a command prompt window.
- Connect your BungBungame MiSS to your PC using your micro USB cable.
- Verify that you have USB debugging enabled.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following commands.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
- After entering these commands, your BungBungame MiSS will ask you if you want to unlock it. Select ‘unlock’.
- After selecting ‘unlock,’ reboot your BungBungame MiSS, reconnect it to your PC (if you disconnected it at any time after unlocking the bootloader).
- Reboot your BungBungame MiSS and proceed to part 2 of the guide.
Part Two: Rooting The BungBungame MiSS
- Download the rooting package and save it to the desktop of your PC. The root package is available for download here. Extract it to a folder called ‘motochopper’.
- After extracting motochopper.zip into the motochopper folder on your desktop, open the motochopper folder and look for a file called run.bat and run it.
- Once run.bat has been opened, it will display instructions that will guide you through the rooting process. Follow the instructions carefully.
- During the rooting process, you will be asked to accept a USB Debugging connection on your BungBungame MiSS. Select ‘ok’.
- Soon, your MiSS will reboot, and after it finishes rebooting you’ll have root access!
Enjoy a rooted BungBungame MiSS.