Using Windows 7 or 8 but not interested in Internet Explorer 11? This guide will help you remove it. In no time at all you’ll know exactly how you can disable or uninstall it completely from your Windows-based PC.
Before We Begin
It is important to note if you’re running Windows 8/8.1 it is impossible to uninstall Internet Explorer. You can only disable it. You can, however, uninstall Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7.
How to disable Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8/8.1
- Press the start key on your keyboard and the Windows Modern UI will then appear. Right click and select ‘all apps’. Once in ‘all apps’, search for ‘Control Panel’ and open it.
- Go to ‘Programs’, then go to ‘Uninstall a program’. Look for ‘Turn Windows features on or off’.
- Once you’ve clicked ‘Turn Windows features on or off,’ a Window will appear with a massive amount of boxes to check and uncheck.
- Scroll through the list and find ‘Internet Explorer 11′.
- Uncheck the check box and select the ‘OK’ button.
How To Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7
- Open the start button and type ‘Control Panel’ and open it.
- Select the option to ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located under Programs.
- Once in ‘Uninstall a program,’ select the option to view installed updates (located in the sidebar on the left side of the window).
- After clicking the option to view installed updates, you’ll finally be able to uninstall IE 11.
- Scroll through the list and find Internet Explorer 11 in the list, right click on it and select ‘Uninstall’.
- Once selecting the option to uninstall IE 11, it will soon be removed from your system.
- If you’ve changed your mind and want IE back, you can install it again by following this link.
Internet Explorer 11 is a satisfactory browser, but not everyone is keen on using it. Some Windows users don’t like it, and some just plain hate it altogether. With that in mind, it’s nice to know that you have the option to remove software from your PC that you don’t like.