Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download ‘Zenfone Root APK‘ and save it on your computer.
HOW TO ROOT THE ASUS ZENFONE 5
To root the Asus Zenfone 5, follow the steps below:
- Connect the Asus Zenfone 5 to your computer via USB cable.
- Copy the Zenfone Root APK that you downloaded in the previous section, and place it in the root folder of your device’s memory.
- After successfully copying Zenfone Root APK to your device, disconnect it from the computer.
- Allow ‘Unknown sources’ on the device by heading over to Menu, Settings, Security then Unknown sources.
- Launch File Manager and open the Zenfone Root APK you copied in Step 2 to begin installation.
- After installation is complete, launch the app via the App Drawer.
- Choose ‘SuperSU’, then select ‘OK I know, please root !’ to begin the root process.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Asus Zenfone 5, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Asus Zenfone 5!