We have talked about video joiners on this site before… many times in fact. So seeing another one is probably not all that shocking. However, All Free Video Joiner is a program that appears to have a lot of potential. It is free, works on over 250 file types, and looks easy to use. So let’s check it out and see what it is made of.
WHAT IS IT AND WHAT DOES IT DO
All Free Video Joiner is a program used to combine (aka join or merge) multiple videos into one video. The input videos can all be the same format or they can be varying formats, and you have the ability to select what output video format you want, like FLV, WMV, AVI, etc. (aka the format of the joined video). If you are joining videos of the same format, you can opt to do ‘direct joining’ which joins videos without re-encoding.
As an added bonus, All Free Video Joiner doubles as a video converter. In other words, you can use this program to convert individual videos to other formats — you don’t necessarily have to use it join videos.
- Supports over 250 different input video formats
- Input videos can be same format or different formats
- Does joins without re-encoding (for input videos of the same format)
- Output videos can be any of the following formats: AVI, MP4, FLV, SWF, MPEG, RM, WMV, MOV and 3G
- Program can be used as video converter
- Offers batch processing, meaning you can batch join or convert videos (e.g. join video 1 and 2 into video A and join video 3 and 4 into video B one after another)
- Features NVIDIA CUDA and Microsoft DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) GPU acceleration for faster joins/conversions for those of you that have graphic cards that support it
- Provides you with a wizard to give you a step-by-step guide on how to join your videos
- Little to no notable loss of quality during conversion or merging
- Comes packed with crapware (i.e. during installation you will be prompted to install unnecessary third party software) and tries to change your homepage during installation. Be sure to click ‘Decline’ and/or uncheck the relevant boxes during installation to avoid this. Be on the lookout for the crapware especially because if you keep click ‘Accept’ or ‘Next’ without reading what you are doing, you will install the crapware.
- Free, unregistered version does not come with technical support or automatic updates
I typically do not join my video files together, so a movie joiner is usually not something I am in the market for. However, All Free Video Joiner has a bit more to offer than your standard video joiner, and on top of that, it is completely free!
First, let’s cover its main objective, and that is to combine different video types into one large file. It is able to do this very quickly. Not only that, but it supports the joining of over 250 different input formats. Some of the types supported include (but are not limited to): AVI, WMV, MP4, ASF, DVR-MS, MS-DVR, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, SWF, QT, RM, RMVB, MKV, AVS, M2TS, MPG, VOB, DV, M1V, M2V, DAT, AMV, DIVX, M4V, MPE, MPV, OGM and many more.
However, the joining of movie files is not what I used this program for the most. I used it as a standalone batch converter. That’s right, the program does such a good job converting movies to other formats that the developers give you the option of simply converting single movie files into other formats. It even offers a batch converter mode. The conversion is spot on and is pretty quick.
The free version does not come with any kind of support or automatic updates. However, support is not really needed since this program does come with a very user friendly wizard. It will walk you through the process. Having automatic updates would have been nice, but it definitely is not a deal breaker.
CONCLUSION AND DOWNLOAD LINK
All Free Video Joiner goes above and beyond its call of duty. It is not just a video joiner, but a video converter as well; it can be used as both or just one or the other. The program supports over 250 input formats, covers all the popular output formats, does joins without re-encoding, and is extremely easy to use. If you are looking for either a converter or a video joiner, you may want to check out All Free Video Joiner. It is completely free and is excellent — just watch out for the crapware it tries to install during installation.
Version reviewed: 5.1.9
Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7
Download size: 6.4MB
VirusTotal malware scan results: 0/46
Is it portable? No
[Thanks al hall!]