In both your business and personal life, it’s the little things that can set your apart from the rest of the pack. Simple acts of etiquette, such as sending thank you cards after an interview or business meeting, can really make a good impression. But shopping for a card, finding a stamp, finding a mailbox…who has time for that. Now, there’s an iPhone app that makes sending a physical greeting card (and even gift cards) super easy. It is called ThankYouPro.
What is it and what does it do
ThankYouPro is an app for creating and sending physical greeting cards. You can also send free email cards with this app, if you don’t want to spend $2.99 or less on a real card. To add a personal touch, you can sign on your phone and the signature will be applied to your card when it is mailed.
- Different cards designs for all kinds of relationships: casual and formal alike
- Add personal messages, signatures, and photos to your card
- Physical cards cost under $3, and are mailed within 24 hours
- You can email free cards, if you don’t want to spend money on real cards
- To work even faster, iPhone 4S users and above can dictate their messages
- Pay with PayPal or credit cards
- Printed on quality 100# satin gloss card stock
- While there is quite a variety in terms of design and style, the app has just under two dozen card options. Some users would prefer to have a larger range to choose from.
- Card image editor for uploading your own photos is choppy and quite limited in terms of in-app editing..
The second is the follow-up impression. When meeting new colleagues, partners, or potential clients, most people these days follow up by email or phone. Sending a physical card is a nice surprise, especially when it’s personalized enough so that it’s clear that you sent it, and not your secretary.
Overall, this app makes it really easy to send physical cards. The card price includes postage, which is nice. I would like to see a handful of additional designs. Alternatively, I’d like to see a more robust in-app photo editing system. It would be nice to be able to take a picture, add text, filters, and resize it right there in the app.
The interface is sturdy, if not particularly inviting. This app sets out to do one thing, and it does it well, all things considered.
Conclusion and download link
With our reliance on email and/or phone calls as a primary form of communication, it’s often a nice surprise when you get a physical piece of mail that isn’t a bill or junk mail. ThankYouPro is really easy to you, and it lets you do the minimum amount of effort to make the maximum amount of impact. Whether you use this app for making nice with business colleagues, potential employers, or just close family and friends, ThankYouPro takes the stress out of sending greeting cards through the mail.
Version reviewed: 1.5.2
Supported OS: Requires iOS 5.0 or later
Download size: 18.4 MB