Before We Begin
For this to work, your must meet three requirements:
- Your device must be rooted
- Your device must be on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and higher
- Your device must have a custom recovery flashed to it
Also, you need to figure out exactly what kind of resolution your device is. The choices are XHDPI, HDPI and MDPI. A bit of research will let you know exactly what resolution type you have. (Do not flash the MDPI version of Touchwiz onto a Samsung TouchWhiz ROM).
How To Download and Install Samsung TouchWiz Launcher On Any Android Device
- Download the version of Touchwiz that is compatible with your device to the root of your sd card.
- Boot into custom recovery on your device.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device before flashing. This is done by selecting the backup option in your recovery.
- After making a backup, look for an option in your recovery that says ‘install zip from sdcard’ or something similar to it. Select it.
- Point recovery to the .zip file of touchwiz that you previously placed onto the root of your sdcard.
- After installing the .zip file to your device using ‘install zip from sdcard,’ wipe the dalvik cache on your device.
- Wipe the dalvik cache on your device by going to ‘advanced’ in recovery and looking for ‘wipe dalvik cache’. Do not do a factory data reset!
- After doing all this, reboot into Android and Touchwiz will be installed!
Touchwiz is a pretty interesting and feature rich launcher, but sadly it’s only available on Samsung devices. Luckily, with this guide, you’ve learned exactly how you can get Touchwiz 5 up and running on your Android device! Enjoy!