Have you ever thought of re-posting the photos from the users that you constantly follow on Instagram? It’s like when you get to find a cool and interesting picture, you could easily re-post it to your own profile. Unfortunately, this particular feature doesn’t exist in Instagram so you have to find some other way to get that photo such as taking a low-res screenshot. Well, there’s no need for you to fret because InstaRepost will help you repost these photos. Anyways, let’s find out if this app can really live up to your standards.
What Is It and What Does It Do
InstaRepost is basically a free Android application that is meant to help you repost the photos that you’ve discovered upon browsing your favorite hashtags on Instagram. Aside from that, you can use also this app to repost any photo that you might find interesting for as long as it’s on Instagram.
Upon installing this app, you will be required to log-in using your Instagram username and password. After this, you can immediately browse for any photo that you want to repost. Click on the “repost” button that’s located right below that photo (bottom-right), make the final touch-ups such as adding effects, captions, hashtags, etc., post the photo to your profile and you’re done! Just remember that if you are using the app’s free version, you won’t be able to set the transparency of the watermark that will be automatically added to your reposted photo.
- Well-designed UI, user-friendly and very stable
- You can directly repost the photos that were posted by other users on Instagram
- Latest updates / Feed – You can view the photos that were recently uploaded by the users that you follow
- You can search for specific users and hashtags
- Catalogue – you can explore the Instagram community for other interesting stuffs that will best suit your taste such as humor, quotes, classy, facts, cuddles, sports, etc.
- You can like and post on comments, you can also follow other users
- Some of the features are only available to those who paid for the app’s Pro version. These features are as follows:
- Moving the watermark for InstaRepost to another location
- Setting the transparency of the watermark according to your preference
- Removing the InstaRepost logo
- Saving the original photo to your device
- There are times when the photos don’t load properly so you have to refresh the page or feed all over again
InstaRepost is a very useful application especially if you are an avid Instagram user. This is because the photo sharing app itself doesn’t have a built-in feature that allows its users to repost photos so if you want to repost a photo from the tags that you often use or follow, you’ll have to seek for an alternative method. This could be in the form of taking a quick screenshot of the photo that was uploaded or you could simply view and download the photo using your web browser. These methods may be effective but they’re too bothersome.
With InstaRepost, you can easily repost any photo to your Instagram profile in just a matter of seconds. All you need to do is to open the app and then search for a photo that you like. Furthermore, the process of reposting a photo is pretty quick and simple. After you click the repost button, you will be taken back to your Instagram app and thereafter, you can repost the photo just like the way that you do when you are sharing your own photographs.
Other than this, this app will also allow you to explore or discover other interesting photos and you can even search for specific users and hashtags. Just keep in mind that if you are using the free version of this app, there are certain features that you cannot use unless of course you opt to upgrade to its Pro version. For example, you cannot move the app’s watermark to a different position. You are also not allowed to download the original photo to your device.
So far, I haven’t really encountered any serious issues or problems with this app. It’s very reliable and it definitely provides a quicker and easier way for you to repost the photos that you want. I just noticed that there are certain times wherein the photos do not load properly so you have to refresh the page or feed just to view them without seeing a blank space or grey window.
Conclusion and Download Link
I like using InstaRepost because even if it has certain limitations, it is still good enough and it does a good job in reposting photos. It is way better than manually taking the original photo from the user’s page plus it also gives credit to the original uploader. So if you have this habit of reposting photos, you better try this app.
Price: Free, Pro – $0.99
Version reviewed: 1.3.4
Requires: Android 2.2 and up
Download size: 1.7MB