Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is the 5.7 inch phablet produced by Samsung which was designed to make the Galaxy Note series look lighter, with a better and premium look. Installing a custom recovery like TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project) on your Note 3 will help you get access to tools such as taking advanced backups and easing up the process of flashing new files to your device, etc.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Flashing custom recovery may void your warranty.
This guide will help you to install TWRP recovery 220.127.116.11 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005 Qualcomm and SM-N900 Exynos). Please do not try this on any other model. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Get yourself ready with the following before starting off:
- Download the flashing application, ODIN (Odin3_v1.85.zip) to your computer.
- Download openrecovery-twrp-18.104.22.168-hlte.img.tar for N9005 or openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-ha3g.img.tar for SM-N900.
Enable USB debugging on your device.
Download and install the drivers for your Note 3, if you haven’t already done so.
- Make sure that your device is backed up and is charged up to well above atleast 60%.
How To Install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Make sure your Note 3 is switched OFF ans is disconnected from your computer.
- Extract the file Odin3_v1.85.zip to your computer.
- From the extracted folder, open the file Odin3-v1.85.exe.
Boot into Download Mode by keeping the ‘Volume Down’, ‘Home’ and ‘Power’ buttons pressed (Volume Down + Home + Power), until you see a Warning! screen. Then, press the ‘Power’ button once more to enter Download mode.
- Now, connect the device to your computer via a USB cable.
- If your phone gets connected successfully to the computer, the ID:COM box will turn yellow.
- Now, in the ODIN window, click on the “PDA” button.
- Select the recovery file for your device (openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-hlte.img.tar for N9005 or openrecovery-twrp-188.8.131.52-ha3g.img.tar for SM-N900).
- Confirm that the options Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected in the ODIN window.
- Click on the “Start” button in the ODIN window.
- Wait till the flashing process gets done with. This might take some time.
- Congrats! You have now successfully flashed TWRP recovery to your device.
Enjoy the taste of TWRP on your Note 3! Now you can do things such as rooting your device simply in a ‘flash’!