The Micromax Canvas Turbo is a popular upper mid-range device from Micromax, made more popular by the ads featuring X-Men star Hugh Jackman. If you happen to have gotten yourself one of these, and are looking for an easy way to root the device, you are in just the right place. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial which will help you gain superuser access on the Micromax Canvas Turbo A250, without even having to use a computer. Yeah, that’s right – no messing around with drivers, data cables and the likes. Everything happens right on your phone. Read on to find out how.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful how to. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Unlock bootloader at your own risk. Unlocking the bootloader may void your warranty. Proceed further at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Micromax Canvas Turbo A250. You can confirm the model number by going to Settings > About Device on your phone or by checking the packaging box.
Before We Begin
Download Framaroot to your PC and them transfer it to the phone memory via USB cable. Alternatively, you can download it directly onto your phone by using the phone browser.
How To Root Micromax Canvas Turbo 250
- On your phone, enable installation of apps from unknown sources. To do this, go to Settings > Security > Device Administration and check the Unknown Sources box
- Using a File Manager, navigate to the location where you copied/downloaded the Framaroot app on your phone earlier. Tap on the apk file to start installing Framaroot on your phone. Once installation is complete you should see the Framaroot icon in your app drawer
- Tap on the Framaroot icon to launch the application
- Once the app is open, you should see the main screen like in the screenshot below
- You should see two exploit options – Boromir & Faramir. Tap on Boromir. This is exploit that the tool will use to root your device
- After a few seconds, you should see a success message on your screen, like in the screenshot below
- Reboot your phone
- Once the phone boots back up, check the app drawer for the SuperSU app. Launch the app and update the binaries if prompted.
- Congratulations!!! Your Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 is now fully rooted.
Enjoy your rooted device and get the most out if it. Cheers!!