Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download ‘Framaroot APK‘ and save it to your PC.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG OPTIMUS G7
To root the LG Optimus F7, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the ‘Unknown sources’ option is enabled on your device. This can be found in ‘Menu, Settings, Security’.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy over ‘Framaroot APK’ which you downloaded in the previous section, to the device’s root memory.
- Disconnect your device from your PC.
- Open Framaroot in the file manager to install it.
- Launch the newly installed Framaroot from your app drawer.
- In the dropdown menu, select ‘Install SuperSU’.
- Select ‘Gandalf’ to begin the rooting process.
- Reboot your device.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the LG Optimus F7, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted LG Optimus F7!