Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
- Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
- This procedure requires a Windows PC.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the ‘GingerBreak’ APK and save it on your computer.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG GENESIS
To root the LG Genesis, follow the steps below:
- Turn on ‘USB debugging’ on your device. This can be found in Settings, Applications, then Development.
- Then, turn on ‘Unknown sources’ on your device. This can be found in Settings, Security, Unknown sources.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Copy the GingerBreak APK that you downloaded in the previous section to your SD card’s root directory.
- Disconnect your device from your PC.
- Open File Manager then open GingerBreak to begin the installation process.
- Open the newly installed GingerBreak from your App Drawer.
- Select Root to begin the rooting process of your device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store and download BusyBox.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the LG Genesis, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted LG Genesis!
[via XDA Developers]