In previous posts, you’ve learned how to shorten links and make custom short URLs. This time, you’re going to learn how to track your shortened URLs. By tracking your short links, you’ll be able to obtain some essential information such as the number of times that your links were clicked, the places and social media sites where your links got shared, etc.
How to shorten URLs and track links online
- Open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) then click here to go to a free online URL shortener called “Hive”.
- Once you are on Hive, click “Shorten a link”.
- On the next page, paste the URL of the site or page that you want to shorten. Make sure to copy the link first.
- Click “Shorten” to proceed.
- On the following page, just copy your shortened URL. It will basically look like this: http://hive.gl/DqJ8i.
- You may then share your shortened link to anyone. You can also post it on your website or blog. Whatever you do with your link, it’s all up to you.
- Now, to track your shortened link, you will need the link to the statistics page. To do so, just add “+” at the end of your shortened link. So if your shortened link is http://hive.gl/DqJ8i, your stats page for the link will be http://hive.gl/DqJ8i+.
- On your link’s statistics page, you can see various sections which include your link’s raw clicks, unique clicks, daily/monthly/yearly clicks, top countries, referrers and social shares.
It’s already up to you how to analyze your link’s statistical details.
So that’s it. You’re done.