Since the Padfone X isn’t getting many official stock Android software updates, many people are searching for custom ROMs and custom firmware versions to install. Doing so means they can try out newer version of the unofficial Android software and try completely different ROM for new features and something different to look at.
However, as you probably know, there’s isn’t many other third-party developers out there creating high quality ROMs. As such, some of you may be wishing you never opened up the ports away from the restrictions. if you want to return back to stock Android you can do that easily by following the guide below.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Know that you took away the warranty by rooting the device. By following the guide below you get to use the warranty again. That means sending it away for free repairs should you need any.
- The warranty only works if you have time remaining. Check your paperwork to see how much time you had for the warranty. The same time period applies.
- Know that the custom recovery image still remains installed on the device after following the steps.
HOW TO UNROOT THE ASUS PADFONE X
- You should’ve installed the SuperSU app on the device during the rooting steps.
- Open the same SuperSU app from the app drawer on the smart phone.
- Scroll down to the end of the list until you can see where it says “unroot.”
- tap your finger over the option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- You might have to confirm a few commands when the application prompts your display.
- After the app finishes working your device will be unrooted.
- Please note that we have not flashed a new stock Android software version of your device.