In a previous post, you have learned how to get your site or blog indexed in Yahoo! Search. This time, you are going to learn the steps on how to get your site indexed in Bing Search. If you want to learn more, simply read on.
How to get your website or blog indexed in Bing Search
- First off, click here to go to Bing’s site submission tool.
- Once you’re there, you will be asked to type or provide the URL of your site or homepage. For example, if your site is dotTech, then type its full URL which is http://dottech.org. Don’t type dottech.org/web-apps and other similar web page URLs.
- Confirm your submission by typing the characters in the captcha box.
- Click “Submit” to proceed.
- Wait for the confirmation message to appear. It will also ask you to sign up for Bing Webmaster Tools if you still don’t have an account.
- Anyways, if you sign up for Bing Webmaster Tools, then the process for submitting sites is similar to the one that you did for Yahoo! Search.
- Likewise, it will also take some time for your site or blog to appear in the Bing Search results so be patient.
So that’s it. You’re done.
By getting your site indexed in other search engines, you are increasing your site’s chance to get discovered by users who are looking for specific types of web content.