The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910C is finding a new over the air software update rolling out with the build number XXU1BOB4. The new firmware build is available to download from Sam Mobile, or you can wait for the notification to arrive automatically to your device’s display. Once installed, you can come here and learn how to root the XXU1BOB4 firmware on your device by using the SuperSU package available after the jump.
- You should only be following the guide if you have the N910C model number Note. Do not try flashing the file on a different model number because it can brick the smartphone or tablet.
- Your smartphone should be running the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop software update with the build number XXU1BOB4 to follow this guide.
- You must have a custom recovery image such as ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP recovery pre-installed on your Note 4 before starting. The reason being is you must access the recovery to flash the file below.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- You should try downloading and installing the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones. After you have finished installing the drivers, you ought to restart the computer for the drivers to take effect.
- Applying the files below during the steps will void any warranty you have left on the device. You can always use a unrooting tool to return the smartphone back to the stock version of Android with the TouchWiz UI and added Sammy bloatware again and send it away for free repairs then.
- Make sure you have at least 55% battery power from the status bar battery icon before starting the guide so you don’t run out of battery during the guide.
- We recommend taking a backup of the current ROM and operating system before starting so you don’t accidentally lose any data such as phone contacts and pictures. You shouldn’t lose data unless you are forced into applying a factory reset if something goes wrong.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 N910C RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the SuperSU from this link.
– use the desktop of the computer for the file location.
- Connect the Note to the computer with the USB cable.
- Transfer the SuperSu zip file over to the internal storage (do not unzip the file).
- Unplugg the Note from the computer now and completely power down the phone.
- Boot it back up recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons at the same time and holding them in until the recovery mode comes up.
- Now navigate to “flash zip from SD card” from recovery.
- Next you should choose the “choose zip from SD card”.
- Now find the SuperSU and confirm you want to install the same.
- Wait until it flashes and navigate back to the main recovery screen where you want to select “reboot system now”.