Okay, so let’s say that you have two Spotify accounts and you no longer want to use the other so you decided to delete it. What comes first into your mind? Of course, it’s the process on how to delete your Spotify account. The thing is, whether you’re using the mobile app or web app, it can be difficult to find the option for “Delete”.
So, if you really want to delete your account, you can refer to this simple guide.
A simple guide on how to delete or close your Spotify account
- To get started, you will need to log in to Spotify through your web browser (ex. Chrome, Firefox, etc.). You can log in to your Spotify account through here.
- Once you’re logged in, scroll down to the bottom section of the page. You’ll see a couple of links there that leads to “About”, “Jobs”, “Press”, “News”, “Gifts”, etc.
- Click the “About” link.
- Scroll the page again until you see the items below “Customer Service and Support”.
- Click “Contact Form”.
- On the “Contact Spotify Support” page, make sure to properly label your request. Click the drop-down menu and then select “Removing/Cancelling Spotify”.
- On the next drop-down menu, select “Delete/close my Spotify account”.
- On the third and last drop-down menu, simply select the item that best describes the reason why you want to delete your account.
- After which, type your question in the text box and make sure to include all the reasons why you no longer want to continue using your account.
- Double-check the email address indicated right below the text box.
- Once you’re done, click the “Send question” button at the bottom of the form to confirm.
- That’s it! Read the confirmation message carefully. It will usually tell you to check your inbox for further details.
Also, it won’t take long before your account gets officially deleted. You just need to wait for a few days.