Are you tech savvy and already have the internal hard ware unchained with root access? Do you want to be able to load some custom ROMs on your device now? Well, by following the guide below you can easily do that thanks to the help from ClockworkMod 6 Recovery. Here’s the way to do that:
Navigate to the Settings and look at the model number from the About Device menu to check it matches up with the same model number issued in the post title here (ending with ‘G’). Flashing the file on a different model number can brick the device.
You want to make sure the Edge already has root access before using the guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
1. Download the Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers for mobile phones by visiting the link here. Now you must restart the computer, or turn it off and on again, for the drivers to work effectively.
2. Hit up the Settings menu and navigate through to Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode. Doing so ensures you are connecting to the Windows computer safely.
3. You want to have the files on a Windows PC only. Odin does not work for Mac or Linux machines.
HOW TO FLASH THE CLOCKWORKMOD 6 RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE EDGE
1. Download the CWM file from here.
2. Download the Odin file from here.
3. Extract both packages on the desktop so the files are no longer zipped and you can use the executable files inside.
4. Find the executable Odin file and double click to open on the desktop.
5. Turn off the Edge phone and boot it up in Download Mode.
– hold Power + Volume Down + Home to do that.
6. You might need to release and press the Power button again if you see the Android logo.
7. Now connect the Edge to the computer with the USB cable.
8. Click the AP button and upload the ClockworkMod recovery file from the desktop.
9. Click the Start button and then don’t touch anything until it finishes.
10. Your Note Edge will reboot when it’s done. Now you are free to unplug the phone from the computer safely.