The Samsung Galaxy A7 A700H has a new OTA update available. After installing the software update you might be looking to root Android 4.4.4 XXU1AOA8 on Galaxy A7. If so, check out how to get that done easily after the jump using Chainfire’s one-click rooting tool.
- You want to use this guide on the A700H variant of the A7 smartphone only. Do not flash the file below on any other device.
- make sure you update your smartphone to the XXU1AOA8 firmware build before coming here, as we can;’t be sure this guide works on any other firmware.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones by scrolling down the page to our Samsung link.
- Download the CF-Auto-root file.
- Download the Odin file.
- If you’ve downloaded the USB drivers, you’ll need to reboot the PC for them to work.
HOW TO ROOT ANDROID 4.4.4 XXU1AOA8 ON GALAXY A7 A700H
- Extract the Odin and rooting files to the desktop of the computer.
- Double click the Odin executable file and let it load on the desktop.
- Completely power down the A7 smartphone.
- Boot the smartphone in Download Mode by holding down the Power + Volume Down + Home keys.
- release your fingers when you see the yellow warning triangle, press the Volume Up key and you should be in Download Mode now.
- Connect the A7 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP button and load the CF-root file from the extracted desktop file.
- Check the re-partition box is empty.
- Click the Start button in the Odin app and it will flash the rooting package on the device.
- Wait for it to automatically reboot and you’re set to take control of your Google account once again.
- Disconnect from the Windows PC and you’re done.
You might want to confirm that worked by installing the root checker app from Google Play.