The official CyanogenMod 12.1 is now live for some devices and coming soon for a bunch of others. Inside this story we’ll give you the new features that are coming your way in the CM12.1 build, the direct links and official changelog that’s been given by the Cyanogen team.
CM 12.1 Download Links
CM 12.1 Features
CyanogenMod’s Trebuchet launcher toggles between the app drawer, the normal page layout and a new vertical layout. The new vertical layout also comes with a “quick scrubber” idea designed to make searching through apps more efficient.
CM 12.1 comes with a new settings menu with a few enhancements over the last. You’ll get a few on/off switches for features like toggling between WiFi and more. According to the team, the main aesthetics changes to the menu and done to elevate the features.
There a new ambient display that helps reserve more battery power and changes the way you’ll view the notifications. See the Moto X for a device that users similar technology today.
Arguably the best feature above all else is the new “LiveDisplay” which will adapt the screen display of your device based on the environment. You’ll see changes to the color temperature, color calibration, screen color in general and brightness.
CM 12.1 Changelog
- The messaging app gets a floating button.
- New material design flowing through the UI to match 5.0 Lollipop.
- Material Design flowing through the Fm radio
- Material Design flowing through the AOSP browser
- Zip files and RAR files are now supported through the default File Manager.
- Support for Android Wear (smartwatches).
- Contacts now have round avatars.